Saturday 14 February 2009

Screenshots of Suburbia

I thought it was about time for me to create a few screenshots showing a more complete scene rather than showing more individual assets. Working without any schedule, it's easy to start to drift into creating random assets, and I find creating these little scenes every now and again helps me to focus. It also allows me to experiment with the setup/placement of assets, and it highlights which will be the easiest method for creating the routes efficiently.


You may notice a few characters in the screenshots. These are intentionally 'blocky' for two reasons: they match the art style, and they are generic enough to allow quick re-skins to create the variety that I want. I'll post more details on characters very soon.

I've created a 'fake' platform loft which I've placed alongside the road. This is used to control the spawning and placement of characters on the pavement. I've created a another loft for the pavement purely for the visuals. Creating a 'platform marker' along the nearby section of road allows the bus to pull up, and the passengers get on or off the bus.

1 comment:

  1. Those characters look more life like than the ones in the 166!

    ReplyDelete