Monday 23 March 2009

Monorail - Maglev

I'd always planned on creating a monorail as that type of vehicle would allow a higher viewpoint/perspective of the route below.
I'd seen some cool photos/movies of the 'Maglev' and a work colleague suggested I make one. This is my intepretation of it.

Once the main engine was built, to build the passenger cars (and I'll make no secret of this) I simply sliced the back-end off the model and mirrored it to create the passenger car. I won't be putting text on the sides of this loco so it didn't matter that the mapping was mirrored front to back. It's a very dirty and cheap method, but works perfectly in this instance.

The track was a simple loft cross-section asset with the concrete support posts setup as population geometry.

No comments:

Post a Comment