Sunday 13 September 2009

Air-crafty

Ok, so here is a quick update on what I've been up to recently. I'll go into more detail about some of the assets seen here at some point in the near future.

I've created a new type of vehicle for RailSimilarity to populate the skies.

It's a driveable vehicle, with flashing wingtip lights and animated prop.

To make the flight more convincing, I have also created a loop out of an invisible track for the aircraft to 'fly' along. I used the gradient tool to modify the track to allow a short section of the loop to be at ground level (covering the runway), and the remainder of the loop up in the clouds.

A new runway asset and I now have a working airport in my world.

3 comments:

  1. Great stuff as always. Any chance you can give a brief description on how you create a driveable vehicle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.

    Just out of interest, do you use Max ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use 3DCanvas Pro for my modelling. Adds to the fun when learning how to do things.

    ReplyDelete